Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Update

Well I got my internet back tonight. I honestly have not had much time to even think about it so it was OK. This has been the HARDEST week I have had since my mom found out she had cancer...My dad is in the hospital and I was on my way Saturday when I drove through water around 30 mins from here that I know I should have never driven through. I ended up turning around (yes, driving back through it) as I was afraid it would be even higher that night. This was by far the best decision I have made in a LONG time as we were home when the water came through out sundivision. I have NEVER seen anything like it was one minute it was down the street and the next it was past our house.We got around 6 inches or so of CLEAR water that came through the walls around 1130 at night. WE ARE SO LUCKY as we have neighbors and friends who ended up with 6/8 FEET of MUD water in their houses. It is the most depressing thing to drive past houses that you drive past ALL the time and see what they are going through. We can not complain about when we have as we are SO LUCKY. We have the carpet up and tomorrow is the drywall. We have pitched A LOT of stuff but we had to much STUFF in the first place. I got ALL my pictures and photo albums up the night so I lost NOTHING that can not be replaced!
My neighbor is WONDERFUL as Hank was in China and I had help till he got back. There are a few of us that are making sure others are eating and we do Lunch at 12 and Dinner at 7 each night. Last night I think we feed around 60 PLUS people. TOnight was not as many so we took food in our car and drove around and found people who had not eaten yet at 830/900 at night. I said our area looks like a war zone.
I would say 99% have no flood insurance as they like me do not live in a flood plain and it is not offered.
Please pray for Columbus..I am fine but I have friends who have lost everything.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

My prayers and thoughts are with you and everyone in Columbus. I know you have been working very hard to selflessly help others ~ your kindness will not be forgotten by those whose lives you have touched if even for a brief moment.

Pug Mama said...

thinking of you.

2 kids...3 martinis said...

I'm so sorry for what you and your friends are going through. I've seen many pictures and videos and just can't believe it. You are such a kind, kind person Diana. You have such a good heart throughout all of this. Suzanne is right!
Hope your dad is doing better too.

Immortal Woman said...

You and yours are in my prayers.