Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Stuff

This week is BULLETS
  • Took Tyler back to the Dr and he said NO BASEBALL for another week BUT Tyler said he said it was up to him and we went but he was not the catcher...Played 2nd and 3rd base and got hit in the chin/mouth and has a nice mark on his chin. (but he did knock in 3 runs and make it home on a steal:)
  • Bought Fearless Fourteen and started reading it but have not had time to just SIT and read..sad thing is part of me wants to read it SLOW so it is not over really quick.
  • My pool is still CLOUDY and I am pretty much OVER it..have NO idea why but have spend enough in chemicals this week
  • I think we are going to TILE the basement instead of carpet, then if for some unknown reason we ever got water again (which I hope we NEVER do) it would be FINE! I did find a tile I like tonight and I did buy area rugs that I found on clearance so I bought them as I can always take them back if I find something I like better.
  • My dad is "suppose" to get home from the hospital. He is walking with a walker and is still REALLY Swollen. He will not move in with either of us and he honestly should not be living alone.
  • It is sooo sad driving around Columbus as everything is so dirty looking. The amount of stuff you see in peoples yards is so depressing. They are saying it will be YEARS before this is done. My heart breaks for Iowa and what they are going through. I will look at other places completly different after being in the middle of a flood and seeing friends lose everything.


3 comments:

susanb said...

You are all still in our thoughts and prayers!!!!

2 kids...3 martinis said...

What a week, huh? Some ups, but waaaaayy too many downs.
Glad you got your book. I know how you feel about making it last! I've never read any of those books...maybe I'll have to start(which one first?).
I'm wishing you the best with your dad. Such a difficult situation. Would he consider assisted living or staying with one of you if you made it clear that it was "short term"? (whether it is or not) Losing that independence is most difficult, I'm sure.

Diane said...

I agree about driving around Columbus.....depressing, dirty and starting to get stinky. UGH!

Tell Tyler that Alex wants to work on their comic books together!