Sunday, June 22, 2008

Looks Whos Here:-)






My dad has been in the hospital for 2 weeks and was sent home Saturday. (Why I am not sure as he is not doing well at all). I went down Saturday night and spent the night BUT I can not stay the whole week with the kids and what they have going on so he had 3 options..
1. Short term stay in a nursing home
2. 24 in home care
3. My house
We had called the company we used with my mom and she was not sure when they could get someone out but even before my dad knew this he picked ME. Is he happy to be at "Camp Wang", NO..but does he know he needs to be here, YES. He can not get up from a chair, bed. tiolet without help and he is using a walker to SLOWLY get around with help.
So here he is in his smiling GLORY..I said to him..smile..smile more and act like you are HAPPY..this is what I got*. The one picture is the bump from when he fell over 2 weeks ago. He has 3 "bleeders" in his brain. We put Tylers bed in the living room so he will sleep there and I will sleep on the couch in the family room so I can hear him.
The 3 BAD things about here are
1. I have laminate and tile so it is hard for him to get up as his feet slip (found out the hard way)
2. We have basement stuff ALL over the house from the flood so it is AMESS here.
3. We have NO hospital as it has A LOT of damage from the flood.
We will be needing A LOT of prayers as I know we will make him NUTS:-)
*Sadie I told him to smile as I was sending this to you and that is when I got the smile I got from him.

5 comments:

2 kids...3 martinis said...

I'm so glad he's there with you! i'm sure he is too, even if it is a little chaotic.
Blessings to you and my sincerest, most happiest thoughts for peace, harmony and healing to come your way!

Suzanne said...

I am SO pleased he is staying with you all. Your backyard looks AMAZING!! See you in 2, yes 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Diana,
I'm glad that something made your Dad smile. Poor Bob, our heart goes out to him and to you and Sandy. Our love to all of you.

Sadie

susanb said...

You are all in our prayers.

Immortal Woman said...

You have so much going on! Your father is lucky to have you, you are doing the right thing. :)