Monday, June 30, 2008

This and That


  • Well, my dad went home Saturday night and is in the hospital today. His HIP is killing him so they said to bring him to the ER so my sister called 911 for him. He is in so much pain. It is so sad how he has went downhill the last year. We have reservations in Gulf Sh0re$ in August but there is no way he will be able to go and I am not sure what we are going to do.
    *Update on my dad is that he is going to go to a REHAB part of a nursing home for a few weeks to try to get his strength back..He is not "thrilled" with the idea but he he really needs to get stronger. He will not get better laying in bed here as he needs someone to work with him. Please pray..this is a VERY hard decision and I hope he understands why we did it.

  • My DAMN washing machine is still not fixed..it has been over a week since it stopped and a week since the repair person was here..what PI$$e$ me off is this is the 3rd or 4th time for the same problem. I am TRYING to get it under the lemon thing as I bought the extended warrenty on it but they need invoices as they have NO record of what the one company did to fix it and they have not returned any calls..and this is MY FAULT!!
    *I did get a call today from the one company and they are looking for the invoice so hopefully they will find one.
  • Tyler went back to the Dr today for his hand/fingers..they did another x-ray and the DR did say he thinks he probally did break his finger near the growth plate but being so close to the growth plate would actually make it heal faster..it is still a little swollen and he can not move it 100% so now we go back in 6 weeks.
  • Today was a PERFECT pool day..Diane came over this morning and we sat out for a while and she left and I floated/napped for a while and tonight me and the kids went in.
  • Tyler is doing a Lego Robotics Day camp next week with a couple of friends..this is SO HIM and then the following week he is at CAMP for a week. He can not wait.
  • We are 1/2 way through summer vacation and I hate this..it seems as soon as it is the 4th of July summer vacation is OVER:(
  • Nicholas 6th grade teacher passed away today..she will be the teacher that Nicholas had that will make a difference in his life..she has not been "well" and his missed a lot this year but no one was expecting this. Nicholas had actually wrote her a letter a few months ago telling her how much he appreciated her and how she believed in him. She had a daughter that swam in high school and she sooo understood and encourage Nicholas..she will be MISSED as she was a SPECIAL teacher. Her house had flood damage and I am sure that played a part in her death..a person can only take so much..
  • It is still so depressing here..They tore a house down around near us this weekend and the people were standing watching and it was HEARTBREAKING!!
  • Never did I think FEMA would be at my house..You watch the news it is always someplace else..
  • Hank is in Mexico and if he calls again to tell me about the GOOD food he is eating I am hanging up on him!
  • I need to get back in the habit of going to the GYM..I did so much better with eating and felt better when I went..I need to quit eating crap too..when is it watermelon time?
  • Love the tile and am so ready for the drywall to be done..My house is a mess no matter when I clean so why clean.
  • Saturday night we went to Barbs for DRINKS...we actually stopped Bunc0 for the summer and are just getting together for DRINKS so this is what we are calling it..
    I was suppose to have the July DRINKS but there is a outdoor concert that night here so we are going to that instead..Personally I have not heard of them but some have and we always have fun so I got a ticket to go..thanks Denise;-)
  • Suzanne is back in the MONDAY and we can not wait!!! It will be nice having them back here again:-) WoooHooo!!!!


4 comments:

Hull Family said...

Sometimes the "right" thing to do is the hardest - sorry you have been beaten over the head with that lesson so much this last year! I'm looking forward to hearing The Why Store in concert. I have some of their stuff on one of my workout mixes for my Zune. You have fun anywhere you go anyway.... :)

Suzanne said...

I am SO sorry to hear about Sue~ she has a rough few years. I hope your dad will see some improvement with his health with the help he should be getting. I am sorry but it was NOT a perfect pool day as someone was missing from the pool...don't know who that would have been...do you?

2 kids...3 martinis said...

I'm sorry your dad is having a hard time of it but I'm sure he will get some needed help at the rehab center. The word "nursing home" is so scary to so many people...we went through it in the past few years with my great grandmother and gradfather. It's just never easy. I hope he settles in and things go well.
Good luck on the washing machine...what a pain in the a$$!
Hope Tyler gets his hand back in proper working condition soon. Poor little guy! And you too...between the flood, your dad and son, you need a break, Girlfriend! I'm so glad you had a great day in the pool. You certainly deserve it!
And so sad about Nocholas's teacher. I'm glad he had the chance to know her and have her in his life.
Wow! Your life is eventful! Hope things settle down and become less eventful soon!

Wilson Fam said...

hey! what lego camp is tyler going to? and where can i get some more info on it for future reference? thane is allllll about legos and would just die to go to a camp like this. =] your whole fam is in my prayers! and i loooove the new tile! =]