Friday, May 30, 2008

Sunburn and Fever Blisters

Sunday Suzanne came over and we FLOATED. This was a 2 year in the works float as she has not "floated" with me before. I am a BIG time POOL NAPPER and there was a nice breeeze (OK..a little chilly) so neither of us used sunscreen as it was really not that sunny and I took a nice long nap. Well, can you say SUNBURN!! OMG, we both were RED and now I have a whole mouth of fever blisters which look GROSS. Even Hank, who is suppose to LIE and say "honey, it does not look that bad"... said how bad it looks WITH OUT ME ASKING HIS OPINION!!
Nicholas sproated a nice zit on the end of his nose this week and I told him we could be in a freak show together with his nose and my mouth. His is clearing up..mine has a long long way to go.
AND of course we have 2 graduation partys this weekend...Won't I look nice:(
Yesterday, I did lay out (napped) again and used my sunscreen and wore my visor. I usually am REALLY good about wearing it for this reason but it was not that sunny...
Anyone use anything other then Abreva on there fever blisters?

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Friends who float together BURN together! Our new motto should be friends dont let friends float without sunscreen! Our lesson is now learned.

2 kids...3 martinis said...

I use Valtrex for my...uh...oh no, never mind...
It's actually hitting 80 here this weekend and we're going to try the local "Bunker Beach" wave pool...I'll wear my sunscreen! But I'm actually more worried about scaring little children while in my swimsuit.
Have a fun weekend at the parties. I've heard alcohol will numb those things in the mouth area nicely.

susanb said...

That sounds like so much fun even with the sunburns.

Hull Family said...

Try Zilactin (sp?). It works quickly! At least the weather was great for Saturday's graduations! A little hot during the day for those of us without pools...but the evening was perfect for grilling and having a few drinks on the deck.