Friday, May 02, 2008

Happy Birthday x 3!!!

(She will KILL me for saying this BUT...SINGLE, very nice and lives in Cinti area sooo if anyone knows anyone..(let me know:)
**I posted her email back to me as a anonymous comment:) She really should know better then to email me:-)





Kaitlin, My dad and Sandy






Sunday, we celebrated my neice Kaitlins 16th Birthday, my Sister's (Sandy) birthday and my Dads 86th Birthday!!! My sisters older daughter, Lindsey lives near Atlanta. We do miss her as she is always the life of a party:) They came here and we grilled metts and brauts and I made loaded potato salad, baked beans, fruit salad and corn on the cob (not bad for store bought). We also had a chocolate cake and a strawberry shortcake type of diet* cake. It was a nice day and we sat outside on the NEW patio furnature and had veggie pizza, shrimp, crab cakes and some pretzels and dip. We even got in the pool for a while and floated till the sun went behind a cloud and stayed:(
It was a VERY nice day and I love it when they come down!
*This is the recipe for the "diet" cake.
1 cake mix (I used yellow)
1 can diet soda (diet sprite)
3 egg whites or egg beaters or 2 eggs




mix this all together (I just use a fork) and pour into a pam sprayed 9x13 in pan.
Bake for 25 mins or till done.
On the one I made this week I poked holes in it and poured the sugar free Jello on it (box SF strawberry in 1 cup boiling water, mixed).
Cool




Top with FatFree Cool Whip and sliced Strawberrys!!
My kids LOVE the lemon version of this with just powdered sugar sprinkled on the top. They really do not icing (I love icing:).




3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Sandy looks GREAT! Everyone looks very happy, I bet everyone ate way to much and laughed even more!

Anonymous said...

Well at least the eligable men will know I can blow....


out candles
you are in trouble
thanks for not posting my age.

2 kids...3 martinis said...

Your sister cracks me up! How funny!
Looks like you had a WONDERFUL day!