Friday, January 30, 2009

Snow day #3 (and now 4:)







Yesterday the kids were off again (as they are again today). I have to say I think I am in the minority of thinking they should be off of school. Our subdivision is still A MESS. I will be the first to agree on the lack of seeing a snow plow as I saw my first one TODAY!!! No, it was not on my street but I did see one:)

Yesterday a friend called and I met her at the golf coarse right by the school to take the kids sledding..she also had HER kids too:) I wish I could say OMG it was fun but I really am not a snow person. It was a PAIN (literly) to walk in as it was snow, ICE then snow. So you would be trying to walk and 1 foot would drop through the snow, ICE and snow and it would kill your ankles..I know quit my whining and suck it up but this is my blog so I can whine all I want:)

We are suppose to get more snow next week so this should be FUN!!!! Happy Snow Day to ALL of you!!!

3 comments:

2 kids...3 martinis said...

Yeah, I kind of feel the same way about snow. I haven't been out to play in it either (see my post today!).
Looks like the kids loved it though! Great for them!
It's funny how unprepared the city is for this stuff. I can't believe how long it takes for a snow plow to come out and clear your streets. But I do remember! We get snowplows out here constantly, even when it's only flurrying, and we are in a somewhat rural area. It makes a HUGE difference on how life is with lots of snow. Good luck!
So, 4 days off this week? They will have to make some of it up at the end of the year, huh? That sucks.

Hull Family said...

Thanks for the pics of my kids! STILL no plows in my neighborhood. Somebody was complaining that the plows go the the "affluent" subdivisions firts....guess I'm in the ghetto!

Suzanne said...

Well of course you are...didn't you know that Karen??