Friday, January 30, 2009

Punch Bowl Dessert


I had this last weekend and it was WONDERFUL!! It almost tastes like a Banana Split and it is SO EASY to make!!! Tonight is the Boys Team Conference Dinner so I made it for that and next week I am making it for the Staff Appreciation Lunch at school! I really wanted a CLEAR acrylic Punch Bowl but this is all I could find yesterday.



PUNCH BOWL DESSERT

1 Angel Food Cake
2 Sm. packages of Instant French Vanilla Pudding (I used 3)
2 Cans Cherry Pie Filling
2 Lg. Cans crushed pineapple, Drained and save juice
6 Bananas (I used 7)
2-16 oz. Cool Whip (I used almost 3 containers)
1 cup Chopped Pecans
Milk for Pudding
1 bottle of Red Cherries ( I did not use this)

Tear cake into small bite size pieces and place 1/2 in bottom of punch bowl. Mix pudding and milk and pour 1/2 mixture over the cake. Add 1 can of pie filling and 1 can of drained pineapple. Layer with 3 sliced bananas and sprinkle with pineapple juice. 1 - tub of cool whip and 1/2 of nuts. Repeat entir process and top with cherries.

Chill about 2 hours before serving.

2 comments:

2 kids...3 martinis said...

I think I just gained 2 pounds reading this. I definitely would eat the WHOLE BOWL! YUM!!
Thanks for posting the recipe...must try it soon! And now, how 'bout that Cincinatti Chili recipe? :)

Anonymous said...

Yumm-a-licious! I am trying to figure out your bourbon punch recipe in a sugar-free way. Any ideas?