Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wish You Were Here!!


Today is a year since my mom passed away. In some ways it has been the longest year of my life as I have been dreading this day..in other ways I can not believe it has been a year. I would not wish the 4 months from when we found out she had cancer to when she died on anyone as she was in a lot of pain. No one should have to go through what she did.
This week has also been 2 months since my dad passed away so it has been a DOUBLE suck-a$$ week.
I hate it for me that they are gone but I hate it even more that my kids do not have their Grandparents. My parents were the BEST grandparents and my kids loved them. Nicholas idolized my dad and at 15 has said when I grow up I want to be the "gentleman that he was as Grandpa was a true Gentleman". Tyler could make both of them laugh at whatever he was up to. My mom and dad were so proud of both of them and I know they are watching over them and are still proud of them as they are great kids.
I found this post card that Sadie made and sent to my parents one year when they did not get to Florida and I think it pretty well sums up how we feel. We have it framed and on a shelf with other special items.
Mom and Dad, we love you and we wish you were here and it will never be the same without you!

*Yes, my mom has on a pink glitter wig and palm tree sunglasses..she loved life and had fun everyday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL SAID !!!!

not much else to say, you were blessed..love terry (sorry i dont have a blog)

susanb said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers. This is such a fantastic picture!!

Suzanne said...

I would expect to see your mom in nothing else...she loved a party and was a bright light in a room. I know they are both watching over you all and are VERY proud of the grandkids.

2 kids...3 martinis said...

What a super photo! I love it and hope that someday I can be just like your mom when I grow up... :)
Everytime you write about your parents I can see and feel the great love you have for them and what absolutely wonderful, fun-loving people they were. You are so, so lucky in that respect and your boys have that legacy in them and in you as well.
Take care and know that I think of you often and wish you a peaceful heart, mind and spirit.
xo