Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thank God its PIE DAY


A friend emailed and said she had a apple tree FILLED with apples and she was not joking. Tyler and I went and picked a huge bag and today we made 2 apple pies. My mom made the best apple pies with the best homemade pie crust but I have never made pie crust before.
Well since I NEVER (and I do mean NEVER) make pies can I tell you how HAPPY my family is that I made pies. Nicholas ate A LOT of pie and has a huge piece packed to take to swim in the morning. Suzannes husband TIM was even bribed with PIE and ice cream to come fix my computer (Thank You Tim:)
I even sent Hank and Tyler over for more apples to make a few more this week. I also made Cinti chili for dinner as Nicholas keeps asking for it and homemade chicken and noodle soup for another night this week. Yes, I am top mom with my family today!!
**MONDAY update..
I am making 3 more pies tonight. I have now made more pies then I have in my life!!!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Well he did come home and say how good your pie was LOL {wink}. I do think you are the mom of the year at the moment....

2 kids...3 martinis said...

Mmmmmmm.
It must be in the air, this fall weather and the urge to cook and nest? I made pumpkin cupcakes and carbonara pasta here the other day. And yes, I think we gained 20 pounds just looking at it (I know I did, at least).
The crust looks nice. How did it taste? Anything like mom's? (pretty hard to replicate, I'm sure.)

susanb said...

These look delicious!!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

yummy; I love pies!! Sure looks like you did a great job!

Headmeister said...

1. those pies look AMAZING!!!

2. you WILL be sent an invite :)