Thursday, September 25, 2008

I DID IT!!!!






I have wanted to get a Tattoo for a while. The night before my dad died I was driving home from Cinit and I looked up and saw a BEAUTIFUL Sunset..My first thought was "that looks just like a Florida sunset" then I thought "that is a sign that my dad is going to pass away tonight". Well the next morning he did. The night after he passed away I was with some friends at a outdoor concert that I felt guilty going to but went as I had the ticket and no one was home at my house..As we were listening to music we looked up and there was the BIGGEST orange moon. Karen said to me "Your mom gave you the sun and your dad gave you the moon". I knew then what I wanted to do..so today I went in to put money down to get a appointment and the guy had a cancellation so I DID IT!!! I was scared to death, but I knew I had to do this for ME to honor my parents. I told him I wanted a sun and a orange moon and a palm tree as I know that is where they are now. I am VERY Happy with it..do I think I am sooo addicted I will get another one..that would be a NO.
Did it hurt..Yes, but I would do it again in a minute:)
It is on the side on my leg.
UPDATE
I am going to take a new picture later as I think the colors have changed today..I actually like it even better:) and Yes, it does hurt some today but it is not a OMG I can not stand it. I have to say Denise comment to me was the funnest "She feels like a rebel because I got the tattoo".
And the other questions I have gotten is"
What does Hank think..he said he knew I would get one and he likes it.
My kids reaction..Tyler screamed and said is that real..it was not a happy scream and then he said well atleast I will have a story to tell at school tomorrow:)
Nicholas looked at it and said "You are a Freak"and it was not a good kind of freak either..
I woke up this morning and my leg was hurting and I thought..OMG I really did do this and it was not a dream.

13 comments:

Suzanne said...

OMG...it is beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person.

Maggie says 'how could she even think of doing that??'

Suzanne said...

me again....Andrew says "SWEEEEEEETTTT"

Diana said...

Nicholas said "You are a Freak"
(meaning me)..lol

2 kids...3 martinis said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! You did it!! Yes! I love it!!!!!!!!!!! It's perfect.

Hull Family said...

Wow! That looks great! Can't wait to "toast" to your parents and your new tat!

Denise said...

I think it's a wonderful memorial to your parents. Now you will always have the sun and the moon with you. And....I feel like a rebel even though it's you that got it!!

Anonymous said...

awesome story.
We shall see if you cave in and get another one - tats are addicting!!!

Unknown said...

Very nice! And good for you! It looks very appropriate for the special Florida times you spent with your mom and dad.

susanb said...

WOW - It is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

hey - I got your donation - I can't thank you enough!!!!!!!!!
Can you please email me your address - I have a little thank you for you.
jetersmama@gmail.com

Wilson Fam said...

AWESOME!!! did you go here in town? lemme know where...it looks great...and they are kinda addictive! =] cant wait to see it in person!

Diane said...

love it! mine is in the works....can't wait to get it! Soon I think!!!!!!!! I'll show you mine if you show me yours....lmao.

Anonymous said...

Diane, your story about knowing your Dad was going to die the next day, brought tears to my eyes. Very heartbreaking and sweet! I love your tattoo and really LOVE the meaning behind it!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!
And BTW, you look fabulous honey!!! I saw you on OH and didn't recognize you, that is what led me here!!! Congrats on great success with your tool sweetie!!!
bigg huggs, Becky