Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

I know it has been a while since I posted and this is going to be a QUICK not picture one:(
Christmas was very nice and all the decorations are put away. I think I packed them all up on the 27th as I am one of those that feels when the 25th is over so is Christmas! We did have a very nice Christmas and the kids were HAPPY so when you have HAPPY kids the parents are HAPPY!!! Tyler is on the fence on weither there is a *anta or not. Before Christmas he said "I know it is you" WELL Christmas came and he now says "I know it is not you as you would NEVER buy me ALL this stuff"..lol!!!
Our friends who moved to England 3 LONG years ago were here after Christmas and left today to go back. Nicholas and Andrew have been BEST FRIENDS since Pre K and so miss each other so they had a BALL this week! Good news is they are moving back this summer so the kids are HAPPY!!!
We had our annual News Years Party again last night and had 39 adults and kids! I have to say it went really well. Someone brought the Rock Band thing and the kids had a BALL with it!!! We had 20 kids and 19 adults and 5 of the kids were 11 to 7 We had 2 17 year old girls and we had 13 kids that were 13 to 15!!! Can I tell you it was TEEN AGE HEAVEN in my basement. Nicholas lost his voice from singing (and he is NOT a good singer). Almost all were swim familes so the kids are together a lot so it is NICE!!!
It is hard to believe that 2007 is OVER and it is now 2008!
I can not say I am sorry to see 2007 leave as it was not a good year for me. Losing my mom to Cancer was the hardest and worse thing that I have ever gone through.
We are flying out in the morning to see Hanks side of the family in SLC. The kids are hoping to go sking while they are there and I am hoping to do NOTHING!!!
I will post some pictures later:)

3 comments:

Pug Mama said...

Happy New Year!
I also took everything down on the 27th!

Suzanne said...

It was great spending time with you and Andrew SO needed it! Can't wait to see you again in a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

All the Best for 2008 and congratulations Diana on your weight loss. You're Grrrrreat!
We hope to see you in Canada this summer - you promised!