Friday, October 24, 2008

Fall Festival


Tonight is the Fall Festival that I have headed up at my sons school. Can I just TELL you how happy I will be when tonight it over. I feel this way every year (this is my 4th year). We have around 18/20 game booths, a chili/hot dog dinner and a bake sale. As of RIGHT now I have ALL my volunteers for everything and 1 extra BUT that could ALL change today and tonight with parents forgetting or something coming up. My worry now is that my 18 people will forget to bring in their chili and my 145 people will forget to bring in there bake sale items.
Tyler has counted down the days for this for a few weeks now as he LOVES it AND this is why I do this every year. I have my camera so HOPEFULLY I will remember to take a few pictures:)

*On a side one of my 1st grade kids that I work with (who is ADORABLE) said to be yesterday in the middle of a lesson, "It is so nice to have you Mrs. Wang, It is so nice to have you" he had the most serious look on his face and was so sincere and I just looked at him and laughed.."he said "I am not joking Mrs. Wang" I said I am SO happy to have the 3 of you to work with too". They had went on a field trip the day before so I did not work with them and he MISSED me!!!
Can I just tell you how much I love my job (most days). It is so nice to be loved and 1st graders are HAPPY to see you (my 3rd graders I work with are a different story:)
I had another one tell me that Meatology is the study of meat...why he told me this I have NO idea but it was important at the time...lol

5 comments:

2 kids...3 martinis said...

Oh, Diana! You always bring out the best in people; and the laughs too! You are supermom and I admire you too. How sweet and genuine those kids are!
Have a great night tonight...I'll be thinking of you and wishing I were there eating chili and hotdogs and who knows what else! :)
(Oh, and I like the "Meatology" reference. Nice to be schooled by first graders, huh? I wonder if he meant "meteorology"? But then that wouldn't be the study of meat. Hmmm...kid must like being a carnivore...)

Polar Bear said...

What a sweet little guy! I SOMETIMES miss teaching the little ones.

I am sure your festival will be wonderful! Have a GREAT time!

susanb said...

I can hardly wait to hear how the Fall Festival went. With you in charge I am sure it is WONDERFUL!!

I'm glad you are still liking your job. The kids are great!

Suzanne said...

Well Maggie had a good time and we were only there for a short while. I can only imagine how much fun all the other kids and families had....well done.

Hull Family said...

Even as a 'volunteer' I had fun! Richards has great parents and it shows on big events like last night. As always, Diana, you did a fabulous job. As far as I could see things ran very smoothly and the kids looked like they were having a BLAST! The prizes were cool and the chili was hot - what more could you ask??? Thanks for all you do! Emily had fun, how about Tyler?