Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Fall Festival is OVER!!!

The Fall Festival is OVER!!! WOoooHOoooo!!!
It was a huge sucess. I am TIRED and my feet are killing me. I left the house at 8:15 in the morning as I had to go to the Gyno for my annual (more info then you needed to know:) was at school by 9:15 and got home at 10 last night. We had a lot of people there. We were about PERFECT on food as we had 3 small tubes chili left and 2 1/2 packs of hot dogs. The unopened nacho cheese we stored till March for the talent show and the leftover soda we sold for $4 a case and it was ALL gone. The bake sale was GREAT!!! One grandfather made a turtle cheesecake from SCRATCH and we sold it for $3 a slice and it was gone FAST. We had three 6 foot tables PACKED of items that looked and smelled WONDERFUL:)
The hat walk was a HUGE hit as they kids LOVED the shaggy hats we had. Hank worked the Obsicle coarse and he said he knows 500 kids did it as most went 2 at a time as it was 2 coarses that they could race on. FUN!!!! We use a carnival company that brings the games and prices so we just have to have the workers and we do the food. The hat walk was our game as we added it a few years ago but this years hats were the best. I brought my camera and took 2 pictures of Tyler at a table with 5 girls but my battery was about dead so that was all I took. He hung around with HER daughter (2 from right in pic:) the whole night so I am thinking we need to start planning the wedding!!! I had 2 friends that do not have kids there come help..Bev helped mark bake good items during the day and Denise came to run a game that was a add-on that night but I had a parent say she want to do something so she did it instead.
Tyler said it was the BEST fall festival yet so I am happy as this is the reason I do this every year. I have 1 more to head up as Ty will be a 6th grader next year:(

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Sure let Bev and Denise help you but NOT me....I was snubbed! :-}

Polar Bear said...

Sounds like a PERFECT day ~ other than the doctors visit! :o)

Hull Family said...

Am I crazy (wait, don't answer that!) or is there no pic posted? Fall is a great time of year for a wedding.... :)

2 kids...3 martinis said...

Sounds like everything went off without a hitch! Glad you had a good, but exhausting, time!

Nan's Happenings said...

It sounds like u do what u love and love what u do......whats a little sore feet?...I'm always game for a wedding!!
I just want to ask if I can be you BESTest friend ...cuz u make me laugh and smile with every comment u leave on my blog...:)

Denise said...

MOM....back off of my friend! Geeze, you already have Gloria why are you trying to steal Diana from me?