Friday, August 29, 2008

My Parents House


We got a offer this week on my parents house, much FASTER then I thought would happen! We countered and she accepted so now we have a few weeks to see if the loan is approved. We are still showing it as we have been told that the buyer has A LOT of student loans so there is a chance it might not go through. We are going down this weekend to figure out we are ALL getting rid of. It is sad to go through all that my parents worked for a decide who wants it or if we are selling/donating it. You have a lot of GUILT of saying you do not want something that they loved but we both have a house of "our" stuff.

3 comments:

2 kids...3 martinis said...

I hope things work out for you on the homefront. I'm sure it is very sad to let go of so many of their things, but just try to remember that the happy memories and love they gave to you--the stuff that makes you who you are--that's the stuff that really matters.
Hugs to you!!!!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Since I own a RE biz I know how these pending sales can go these days and I hope for the best for yours. May it be easy and smooth as silk.

Alyson and Ford said...

May you find some loving memories, have some great family conversations and storytelling as you go through the home. Maybe there are other extended family members who have memories of some of the possessions that they would like to have (if you don't know what you do with it).
Good Luck.

Alyson
LID 01/27/06
DOR 08/12/08