Monday, August 18, 2008

2nd Day of HIGH SCHOOL


Friday Night I was having "DRINKS" at our house so Hank said he would pick Nicholas up from school as I still had a lot to do. At 330 Nicholas walks in the door and walks right up to me with the "LOOK" on his face and says "WHY did you have DAD pick me up...he got out of the car" (Insert me laughing NOW:)

Hank then walks in the door with the "look" of what did I do sooo wrong and says "I'm am sorry but I did not know I was not suppose to get out of the car". (Insert me laughing again:)
I said "YOU got out of the car" (I am now laughing and doing the HAPPY DANCE all the while looking MODIFIED)

Nicholas says "He was walking around and WAVED above his head when he saw me"
(OK now I am really laughing and am so damn HAPPY as I have just moved up to PARENT OF THE YEAR as I know you do not make eye contact with your kid till you are out of the HIGH SCHOOL Parking lot)
Hank still is standing there with the what did I do sooo wrong look on his face and Nicholas says "Please do not let dad ever pick me up again"
Ahhh it feels so good to wear theParent of the Year Crown again...and YES I am still laughing:)

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

I had to laugh all over again at this story. It is even better with you telling it in person.

2 kids...3 martinis said...

So funny. Dads can be so clueless. How unkind of him to ruin his freshman "cool" by actually waving him down!!! :) Poor Nicolas; now he'll never get a date (or was that the whole point of the getting-out-of-the-car episode?).

susanb said...

I am HOWLING!!! I think Larry is going to try this with Gabi!!!!!

Diane said...

How hilarious! Every mom KNOWS that you don't act like you actually KNOW your kids....you are only their driver!

Wilson Fam said...

This is so funny! I know I have to be careful with my car full of kids that they are not yelling her name out the window! She would be mortified! lol! I think N and C have resource together based on what C said, because I just asked her the same question. She has Hines in period 5. =] Check it out. Hope to make it to a 'Drinks & or Bunco' soon!

Julie said...

This is one of the funniest I have ever read!!! Way to go Hank...ha, ha!