Sunday, July 13, 2008

My dad

My parents last July!!




As some of you know my dad has not been well recently. He was in the hospital for a 2 weeks, here for a week, home for a day (with my sister), back in the hospital and then in a nursing home in the rehab part for a little over a week.

We have noticed a decline and so has the nursing home...he went back to the hospital on Friday for a MRI and they found out the spots that were bleeding in his head from his FALL over a month ago has gotten worse..(Personally, I would like to know WHY he was not given a follow up with the neurosurgeon but that is another story). His options were brain surgery and honestly he is 86 and has to much damage already from the bleeds or Hospice. Plus he has voiced his opinion before this on he will not have surgery again and we know how much he misses my Mom and wants to be with her again.
He is with Hospice and basically sleeping 24 hours. He is not in pain BUT this is so DAMN HARD. We took the kids up yesterday basically for them to say Goodbye as we did not let them see my mom near the end and I am not sure if they will see my dad again or not. It was HARD on both of them.
Please pray he stays pain free and he will be with my mom on a beautiful beach again soon.
This is the only thing that is making this any easier for me...

7 comments:

2 kids...3 martinis said...

Diana,
I am so sorry. This is such a beautiful photo of them together and I'm sure it will be that way for them again soon. I wish there were something I could say to make it easier, but all I can say is I care. My heart breaks for you. I can only imagine how hard this is.
This week when I am in Florida, I will have a beer on the beach in memory of your mom!
Please keep us updated and know that I am thinking of you all. Big hugs to you!!!!!!!!!

susanb said...

You are ALL in our thoughts and prayers. Love to all!!

Julie said...

Oh Diana, I'm so sorry you are going through this with your Dad. I've been thinking of you and reading all your happenings this summer (ie. floods, Tyler getting hurt, your Dad). I'm thinking of you - even though I've dropped off of the face of the earth!!
Take care of yourself!! You wouldn't be the wonderful, caring person you are today without your two loving and great parents!!

Anonymous said...

hey girl, i am thinking about you and sandy and your families. that picture just reminds me of your mom and dad and their love of florida....you were blessed with wonderful parents...keep hanging in there, you are one of the strongest person i know...love terry

Wilson Fam said...

Oh Diana baby,

I am so sorry that this is happening. I didn't know your parents, but I can only imagine the heartache you are experiencing. I am sending a big bear hug your way and we will keep your dad and your family in our daily prayers. This is an amazing pic of them. They look so happy. I can only hope that Gavin and I still like each other when we get to that place in our lives...lol

Suzanne said...

I am thinking of you and saying prayers for your dad as well as the rest of you.

Diane said...

I am so very, very sorry for what you and your family are going through....again. But at least he knows what he wants. I feel, and felt when I lost my mother, that the most important thing is to honor what they want. It's a true sign of love....a beautiful gift for you to give your father...no matter how painful it is. My love, thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Lots of hugs to you all.