Sunday, September 03, 2006

Recipe of the Day..since I can not think of anything else to talk about:)

Today my parents, sister and niece came over and we had RIBS, Corn on the Cob, German Potatoe Salad, Coleslaw and BLACK BEANS and RICE...YUMMMMM
soooo.....today I am starting my recipe blog where I STEAL and someones recipe (I am sooo FAMOUS for this;) and rename it "Diana's Famous Whatever"
SOOOOO here it is:
***************************************************
Diana's FAMOUS Black Beans and Rice
3 cans Black Beans (undrained)
1 T vinegar
1 bell pepper chopped
1 onion chopped
2 Ham Hocks or Smoked Necks
Enough water to cover

Cook on Medium heat for atleast 1 hour..I cook for around 5 hours on low. The liquid will cook down so you might need to add a little more as it cooks. (Take the necks or Ham Hocks out before serving:)
When it is almost done cook 1 bag of Saffron Rice (yellowgold Bag) according to the olive oil directions. Fluff with fork and serve with Black Beans on top. YUMMM this is so GOOD.
(thanks Marci;)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

See you arent' THAT boring :-) This recipe sounds really good..we will have to try it out soon.