Friday, July 17, 2009

1 year ago


A year ago today my dad went to join my mom. Tonight my kids both got home from being gone a week (one to Florida and one to camp) and I found myself reaching for the phone to call my mom and dad to tell them my kids were HOME!!! I find myself reaching for the phone ALL the time. I miss my parents for ME but I miss them even more for my Kids. I know they are watching down on them but I want them to tell me how proud they are of them. I want my mom to "stick up" for them..ok Tyler..when I am about ready to ring his neck:) I want my dad to see and tell me how much they have grown and say he never thought Nicholas legs would be more then a foot long:) and talk about his fat cheeks. He would be amazed at Tyler as he grew 5 inches this year!! I just want to be able to pick up the phone and have them say HI. I know I was lucky to have them as long as I did as some people are not that lucky BUT that does not make it any easier...
We love you and miss you!!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

SO SORRY...
totally know how you feel...my Grandfather passed 2 years ago Oct 1.. and my Grandmother is in her last days.. I have always called and talked to them and they have always been involved in my families life..
It is awful but I to feeled blessed that me and my children have had them around for sooo long..
BIG HUGS..

terry b said...

i too know exactly how you feel. i feel the same way. I was so close to my mom and dad. And it seems so strange that they are gone. I try to focus on the kids and it sure helps...you were lucky to have such good parents and i dont blame you for missing them. Hang in there girlie..love terry

Bacardi Mama said...

I know how you feel. My dad has been gone 32 years and there are still times that I think of calling for something before I remember. The best thing is that we have wonderful memories that we can share with our kids. Feel sad if you need to, but remember they are always watching over you.

Julie said...

I know that feeling and I share your heartbreak. I lost my dad in March 2003 - 13 months before we got our referral. We had just started the adoption process for Kenzie just before he had gone into the hospital - and he was in such pain and unable to really understand much...

He would have been a wonderful Wài Gōng (maternal grandfather). He's the one who made me believe in myself as capable of being a mother. I miss him so much - and wish he was around so we could talk... we were so much alike and thought in the same way.

It's like a wound that never quite heals.