Saturday, March 14, 2009

What has been going on..

I have so not been in the blogging mood..I have actually been in a pretty CRAPPY mood lately. As some of you know and some of you don't Hank was laid off a month ago..Well, we all know how hard it is to find a job now a days. I love where we live but will not be surprised if we end up moving.(All I say to him is I hate cold so if we move can be go SOUTH). I am so PISSED at the company he worked for and I know I need to get passed this but it is HARD!! I honestly can not stand driving past it (multiple location in town) or hearing their name..yes I have it bad!!!
What have I learned through all of this..I spend way to much money on crap I do not need or my family does not need.
I hate bitching about this when I read other blog where people have sick kids or family members I remember that is a PROBLEM and I should be thankful. We are much luckier then others but it still SUCKS!!!
The one positive that has come out of this (other then me realizing I spend to much money on crap) is that you so realize who your friends are..Hank is AMAZED at the how many people that have said I have a friend who has a business and forward me your resume and I see what I can do. It has meant A LOT to him and to me:)
On another note I am a STRESS eater and that is all I will say on this...
I have a ton of pictures to post of Tyler. He had his DI (Destination Imagination) competition last week and they got 2nd in their challenge so they go to State in April. He was in the Talent Show and played "Carry on my Wayward Son" on his electric guitar. Was in the Math Bowl competition and they came in 3rd. (1 pt separated 1,2 and 3rd.) There was a tie for 1st so one of those teams got first and second and they were 1 pt behind them. AND he had his Science Fair this week!!! Soccer starts in a week and Baseball, which is his favorite in a few weeks:)
Nicholas is in Salt Lake with his friend Andrew..He was invited by his other friend Kevin and his mom. Kevin ended up sick on the plane and had REALLY BAD ear aches to they stayed in MN. and his mom got him into a Dr. there and Andrew and Nicholas flew on to SL. Hanks family is there so his brother in law picked them up so they are with them till Kevin and his mom get in on Sunday:) Nicholas and Andrew both ended up in first class for the 2nd half of the flight so all is good for them:)
I will post pictures later this week..it is Spring break for us so we are off. We have a couple day trips planned for Tyler.
I did get to see a friend today that moved a few years ago. Michele was near Columbus for a funeral so we meant this afternoon and it was like we just saw each other yesterday..not 2 years ago:) I have a pic to post of the 2 of us too. She looks WONDERFUL!!!
Since I am "kinda" complaining..I bought a BIG bag of Jelly Be-lly Jelly Beans..How many people acually want to eat a JB that tasted like Buttered popcorn. If I want Popcorn I will pop some..if I want a JB I want it to taste like one..Not like popcorn or coffee as I am not a coffee drinker. (This all related to me being a STRESS EATER)!!!

10 comments:

2 kids...3 martinis said...

I'm glad to hear some happy things in your post. You are an awesome person and will get through this trying time with the support of your sweet family and friends too. I'm glad Nicholas and friend got to SL okay. How awful for their friend and mom! Nice that Kevin was there too and they were together.
Moving sucks, that's for sure, but if I can survive it, anyone can! Hopefully you won't have to move because I honestly can't imagine Columbus without a Diana Wang in it!
Tyler is such a rocker! Sounds like he's doing very well admidst all the job-crap. What a boy!
Oh, and I happen to enjoy an occasional buttered popcorn jelly belly... :)
Take care and hugs to you!! Keep us updated on the job status...I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you guys!

Pug Mama said...

I would have loved to hear your son play "Carry on my Wayward Son" as that is one of my all time favorites.
I am so sorry about your husband - I hope something comes through really fast.
And you go right ahead and be PISSED at his company. These aren't good times - and you are entitled to feel angry and upset.
So....if you move down south, maybe we can meet.....I'm just sayin'...........

Hull Family said...

1st I want to thank you for your honesty about being pissed. It'll eat at ya if you don't let it out. I was feeling that way when I found the keys to the house we sold on contract in my mailbox on Feb.1. Was even more pissed when I tried to walk into the house & it smelled & looked like a zoo. But then you posted about Gracie and my troubles seemed SO very small. I'm usually a glass half empty girl. But decided for Lent to try and find the silver lining in whatever situation I'm in. Not always easy, but so far I have eventually found it. Glass half full is HARD. Thanks for helping me to rethink about my choice of viewing life. If you need a break walk on over to "the other house" to visit me. There isn't much there - but I've got cold beer (&paint rollers) in the fridge! BTW jelly beans should be either of 2 things - sweet or sour - NOT popcorn! Glad the boys are doing great - shows what great parents they have!

susanb said...

You have been in our prayers. I know you don't want to leave Columbus (and I certainly understand) but we are still holding out for hope that you could end up here:)

Bacardi Mama said...

You have every right to be pissed. I'll keep you in my prayers that everything will work out for the best. It's nice to know that some happy things are going on too.

Denise said...

I always believe that everything will work out in the end...it' the getting there that sucks! It's like having the flu. You just want to die.....but then a week or so later you feel better....a month later you don't even remember being sick. Hank WILL find the perfect job. You are an amazing woman and I know that you will keep your family strong.

Anonymous said...

i dont blame you for being mad...i am glad you are able to release your anger...i will keep praying Hank finds a job soon...Hang in there girl...love ya, terry

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

I am so sorry about your husband losing his job. Every day I hear of someone losing their job...it's so depressing right now : ( I truly am sorry. I am lucky that my husband's job is secure but we will have to take a pay cut this year...it's scary. I'm thinking about you
{{{hug}}}} Life kind of sucks right now doesn't it : (

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the job loss. That's my greatest fear! I, too, buy way too much crap! I'm a stress shopper...well, just a shopper in general.

Anonymous said...

Ooops. That last comment was from me.