Saturday, January 01, 2011

Christmas 2010









It is hard to believe Christmas has come and gone for another year..I think that is a sign of age as it never seemed to go this fast when I was a kid. I have to say I was really not "feeling" it this year. I am not sure if it was me missing my parents or the boys being older. I miss the excitement of little ones at Christmas and I really miss my parents so maybe it was a combination of both.
Christmas Eve we went to church and sat with some friends and it was a beautiful service. I was teary the who service and by the time we got to Silent Night and we all had candle I was crying..not just a little..it was the "ugly cry". I think everything I had been feeling all month HIT me and my mom LOVED Christmas eve service and LOVED Silent Night with the candles. The bad part was I did not have a tissue so as I am using my "red glove" the nice lady next to me hands me a couple of tissues..I will say I honestly felt better after my cry.
Hank and the boys and I went to dinner and then came home to open our family gifts. This year we bought a new TV and cabinet and both boys just got 1 big gift from us..(Nicholas a guitar and Tyler a new TV for his Xbox). The next morning Santa came and they opened their gifts and then off to Cinti to my sisters. I did not take a picture there and am still trying to figure out why.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have some handsome boys there. May have to beat the girls off of them soon :)

Don't worry about the glasses thing. When I was about 2, I walked around with my shoulder pulled up to my ear for 3 days before my parents took me to the doctor and realized I had a broken collar bone. Oh yea, "Parents of the Year!"

Still, I know what you mean about missing your parents. My dad has been gone almost 40 years, my mom has been gone for almost 7 and I still miss them.