Monday, May 24, 2010

6th Grade Graduation


The Wangalangers:)


Tyler and Mrs Walker

Tonight was Tyler's 6th grade graduation and I cried. I so set myself up as I got out his Kindergarten Memory book before we went and looked at it THEN I wore my moms ring on my chain so she would be there with me as Tyler is the "baby" and my mom always had a soft spot in her heart for him:) AND the Hank puts on a orange shirt and said I am wearing this as so your dad is there too..My dad LOVED the color orange and 3/4 if not more of his shirts were ORANGE!!
Tyler was (key word is WAS) a shy child. All I ever wanted was a teacher to say he talks to much as he NEVER talked at school. Welllll, I got my wish plus more. He talks all the time at school and does not have a shy bone in his body. When his name was announced and he got a lot of applause from kids and parents he turned toward everyone and waved all the way up to get his certificate:)
He, like Nicholas both got the Presidential award for all A's and pass plus on ISteps since 4th grade.
I know I am so LUCKY to have two great kids and I am so proud of both of them. I know my parents were smiling down at Tyler tonight too!!

5 comments:

Denise said...

I just love that kid!

2 kids...3 martinis said...

That is just too sweet! Congrats to the kids for being such good students and for Tyler graduating. I will never forget that kid's incredible sense of humor! (I wonder where he gets it...)

Kim said...

LOVE IT..
Congratulations Tyler..
Have a great weekend..l

susanb said...

This made me cry!! Congratulations Tyler! Miss you Wang Family!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

What a sweet husband to remember your dad.