Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Yes, we are Back!

We got back Saturday afternoon and we did have a lot of fun but it was a DIFFERENT vacation. It is one that we will never forget and we will always be THANKFUL that we had. When a doctor tells you your mom has 1 to 2 month to live a feeling comes over you that you can not explain. (yes, I am sitting here crying now). We were SO LUCKY to have a week in Florida with ALL of us. We had a 3 bedroom condo and we were ALL together. My sister and her 2 girls, us and my parents. My dear husband PULLED the wheel chair through the sand EVERYDAY so my mom could sit on the beach and drink a beer (or 2 or 3:) as she LOVES to do. We helped my dad in and out of the gulf everyday and when I saw my 14 year take his Grandpa's arm to help him cross the street I was one proud mom!!!
We LOVED where we stayed and we ate at different places this year and loved them. My mom and I shared meals which worked out perfect for both of us. She napped each day and went to bed early but she could lay in her bed and see the gulf through the doors in there bedroom.
I will post pictures SOON as I JUST had Nicholas get my camera out of my purse.

Sunday Nicholas swam in a swim meet and did well. He made finals in everything so we were there in the AM and back for the evening BUT as usual the FUN group of friends that we have tailgated at the meet so they grilled FOOD all day long;) State is NEXT weekend so we are planning on tailgating again.
Tyler left for camp on Sunday and can I tell you how much I miss the little boy. It is sooo quiet here as he TALKS ALL THE TIME!!! I have not stepped on a lego all week and have not had to say AHHH as he tried to get the LAST word in !!!! He gets back Friday night and I know he is having a BALL!

No comments: