Sunday, May 15, 2011

Maxie



Last night our wonderful dog Maxie got hit by a car and we had to put her to sleep. I did not grow up with a dog and can honestly say "never really wanted a dog" BUT once we had kids and could only put them off so long before we got one..I had a vision of a little fluffy cute dog, Tyler just wanted a little puppy and Nicholas just wanted a dog named Max. We walked into the animal shelter and Nicholas saw Maxie and her brother and it was love at first site for him. (Notice I said love for HIM)..I looked at her and thought "there is NOTHING cute about this dog..she is not fluffy and she looks like she belongs in the "hood"!!!" Well needless to say, Nicholas got his Max which ended up being a Maxie and I never got my fluffy dog and Tyler did not get his little puppy but 10 plus years later we all agree that Nicholas picked the PERFECT dog:)

Maxie loved EVERYONE and was not by any means a guard dog as all you had to do was look at her and she was on her back with her legs straight up wanted to be petted...not very lady-like at all;) She had a piece of all of our hearts and now she is gone. Maxie LOVED Hank..when Hank traveled Maxie would lay in front of the door and just look at it as she could not wait for him to get home. We always laughed as the kids were like "hi Dad" and Maxie was jumping (her version of a jump:) and down in excitement as her "daddy" was HOME!!
We were all there when the Dr put her to sleep and we are all heartbroken to say the least. NEVER did I think it would be this hard!! Maxie we love and miss you so much and I know you will go find Grandma and Grandpa and they will take good care of you. I am sure Grandpa had some dog treats in his pocket just waiting for you. There will NEVER be another Maxie!!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Love you Max-max!

Unknown said...

I still remember the day you got her. As you say, she wasn't the dog you envisioned. But as so often the case, she was the best dog for your family. Thinking of you all. It will get better.

Polar Bear said...

I'm so sorry! It's so hard to lose a fur-baby.

Briana's Mom said...

I am so sorry. Thinking of all of you. :(

2 kids...3 martinis said...

So sorry for Maxie. Hope you and the boys are doing okay. Losing a pet that way is so tragic. :(