Sunday, October 17, 2010

12 years ago today




12 years ago today we drove to Chicago and the "stork plane" landed and we were handed the most adorable 14 month old little boy. Nicholas was finally a BIG BROTHER and we were now parents of 2 boys:) Looking back now and reading blogs I see the mistakes I made with him as he was so SCARED. He was in a wonderful foster family and was loved. We loved him but he missed them and did not want us. It honestly took a good year for the saddness to leave his eyes. I can not for the life of me find the pictures from the airport:( but these are from the next day. My parents were SO HAPPY. Looking at them with the 2 boys makes me sad as I know how much my boys are missing by not having them here anymore..they were WONDERFUL grandparents and my boys were lucky to have them for as long as they did but we all miss them!!!
Tyler we love you so much and can not imgagine our lives with out you in it!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute!! I'm sorry your parents aren't around to see them now.

My father never met any of his grandkids since he died when I was 8. My mom never met her only grandaughter and only lefty grandchild. She died a week before Caroline was born in China.

Lisa~~ said...

Such sweet memories. Your parents would be so proud of your sons and of you.